In this episode of Getting Naked With Nate I talk about how words can be used as weapons and how empowered communication can positively impact relationships. I share some of the tools I’ve found useful in communication in my life and relationships, and also some beautiful music to smooth the journey.
Thanks to my patrons on Patreon for your support in making this -and all my creations- happen! If you love what I bring into the world and aren’t yet a patron, please check out my page, pledge and share with your friends.
Here are links and info related to the podcast:
- Where to get your good news
- Drama Triangle and Winner’s Triangle
Clearing and Communication Exercise:
Can be used in romantic relationships, friendships or with family (anyone you are in relationship with)
- Diarise date and time and commit to it
- Can book more than one session if you feel you’ll need it
- An hour is a good amount of time to set
- Before Clearing
- Create a safe, quiet, sacred space where you won’t be disturbed
- Can exchange small gifts if you desire
- Timer (can use phone, but make sure it is on AIRPLANE mode)
- Sit comfortably and maintain eye contact
- Thank one another for being there, connect with the love which is the base of your relationship
- Whoever asked for session goes first
- Set timer to 5 minutes and share equal time (this is important)
- Keep communication in the form of ‘I’, eg: I feel…
- Absolutely NO interruptions, listener listens and speaker speaks
- If nothing to say, sit in silence until timer goes off and then swop
- Keep swapping until you feel you have reached a resolution or time limit
- Agree to meet again in necessary
- Thank one another, you’ve done so well!!!
Thanks to my aunt for this exercise, and whoever came up with it in the first place!!!
Please let me know what you thought of this by commenting below! I’d love to hear your ideas, feedback, etc. Also, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask, I’ll certainly get back to you asap!
Wishing you empowered and inspiring communication, dear friends
PS: please do check out my Patreon page, I am 100% reliant on your presence and generosity, together we are bringing beauty into this world: http://patreon.com/natemaingard
all credit for main image goes to: Joan M Mas