Doctors manually stimulating women with Hysteria, humans finding happiness through being controlled by artificial intelligence, why we’re still kind of like the fish we evolved from…and that’s just a tiny drop of the ocean we explored in today’s conversation.
Thanks to my new friends Shawn and Chris for diving enthusiastically into this chat with me. We free-flowed through a bunch of interesting topics after picking our own coconuts on the island of Koh Pangan.
Tell me, dear listener, do you like this format? Would you like more like this? Let me know in the comments below!
Just a few of the things we chat about
- Was purpose once intrinsic to the human experience?
- Are we trying to find enlightenment because we’re bored?
- Are we meant to seek a higher purpose?
- How every new invention means giving something up
- Why this age is called the Anthropocene
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- Brene Brown’s incredible TED talk about vulnerability
- Radio Lab series about sex & gender
- Why we’re still kinda like fish
- Why science shouldn’t kill wonder
- How women’s orgasms weren’t considered real until recently and how the invented women’s illness of ‘Hysteria’ ended up creating the vibrator…
- AND SO MUCH MORE…
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”Mother Theresa
Links & Things Mentioned in this episode
- Medium changing their business model (let us pay for Facebook)
- Facebook’s motto: ‘move fast and break things’
- The man who planted trees for 37 years
Songs from this episode can be downloaded when you join the Nateives Tribe
Now it’s your turn:
What do you think? let me know in the comments below, or leave a voice note by clicking the button on the right side of this page. I hope to hear from you…but more, I hope you found something you needed in today’s episode!
Thank you for Getting Naked With Nate and one more special thanks to Shawn and Chris! 💛
See you next week!
Hugs from Thailand